Effective Monday, April 4, Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is changing how it reports information about COVID-19 to the public.
Here are the major changes:
- OHA will no longer issue a daily media release about case numbers, hospitalizations or deaths. That information will be updated every weekday and published daily on OHA’s social media platforms. It will also still be available on our website, updated every weekday.
- Weekly Data and Outbreak Reports will now be published every other Wednesday.
- Weekly Breakthrough Report will now be published on the first Thursday of every month.
- We will introduce a new data dashboard, updated daily, that will highlight data about cases, deaths, hospitalizations, test positivity rates, variants and more.
- Coronavirus Update newsletter, currently published every weekday, will be published twice per week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The daily release of data was necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic when information was quickly evolving and changing. Now, as Oregon comes out of the Omicron surge with declining rates of cases, hospitalizations and deaths, OHA is adapting to a new information landscape.
But the pandemic is not over. Oregon continues to monitor cases, deaths, hospitalizations, variants, vaccination and booster rates and other developments and will release information to the public regularly.
Read OHA’s news release to learn more.