Early on in Oregon’s vaccine distribution efforts, the Oregon Health Authority launched the Get Vaccinated Oregon (GVO) tool to help older adults throughout the state get linked to vaccine information. Since then, the tool has become available in 12 different languages, and acts as a resource for all people in Oregon ages 16 and older to receive text or email notifications about vaccine information and vaccine events happening in their communities.
This past month, the tool was updated again so that individuals would no longer need to create a GVO account to get connected to vaccine event information. Here’s how it works:
1. People looking for a vaccine can visit https://getvaccinated.oregon.gov/#/.
2. At the bottom of the page, you can click on “Vaccine Locator Map.”
3. From there, you will be redirected to the Vaccine Locator Map page.
4. On the Vaccine Locator Map page, you can search for vaccine events in your community by typing in your zip code and clicking “Submit,” or by clicking on “Search this area.”
5. Once you click “Submit” or “Search this area,” vaccine events will begin populating on the map.
6. You can filter your results by distance by adjusting the range of distance beneath the search bar.
7. You can also search for specific types of COVID-19 vaccines by selecting the type of vaccine you are looking for in the “Vaccine Type” dropdown menu.
8. You can refine your results even further by adjusting the level of consent required at vaccine sites. To do so, all you have to do is click on the box that appears next to “Only show events that don’t require consent for a minor from a parent/guardian.”
9. Once you’ve filtered your results to your liking, explore various vaccine sites by scrolling through the list that appears in the the left-hand pane, or by clicking on the various pins that appear on the map.
10. Once you’ve found a vaccine site that matches your criteria, click on their “CONTACT” link that appears in the left-hand pane. Alternatively, you can click on the “CONTACT” link that appears when you click on your selected provider’s pin.
11. Sign up for your vaccine appointment on your vaccine provider’s website and get vaccinated.
Users will still have the option to create a GVO account to sign up for notifications and alerts related to COVID-19 vaccine events and information. Visit the GVO website today to take the first step toward getting your vaccine and getting back to doing the things that you love.