The COVID-19 vaccine supply is limited, but more people are becoming eligible to get immunized. If you are eligible, planning ahead before going to a vaccine clinic will help you be better prepared. Getting vaccinated provides hope, but please be patient as well. Here’s what you should know before scheduling an appointment at a vaccination site or event:
- Please do not call your health care provider or local hospital to find out where to get a vaccine. Find a vaccine event near you.
- Confirm that the event or site is accepting people in your eligibility group.
- Make an appointment if it’s required.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- The COVID-19 vaccine will be free, and you do not need health insurance. If you have health insurance, please bring your insurance card. The vaccine provider may charge a vaccine administration fee to your insurance.
- You should receive a vaccination card that tells you when to get your second dose. You should get your second dose from the site where you received your first.
For more information visit https://covidvaccine.oregon.gov/ or call 211.
This article first appeared in the Jan. 26, 2021 issue of Oregon Coronavirus Update.