If you’re an immigrant, you may have concerns about getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Oregon Health Authority (OHA) believes that everyone should have the opportunity to be vaccinated. We want you to have the facts:
- All eligible people in Oregon can get the vaccine.
- You do NOT need to be a U.S. citizen.
- Getting the vaccine will NOT affect your immigration status or count as a public charge.
- You do not need to have or provide a social security number.
- You do not need to have identification.
If you need support or information on resources for help, you can call the Safe + Strong Helpline: 1-800-923-HELP (4357).
This article first appeared in the April 7, 2021 issue of Oregon Coronavirus Update.