NW Disability Support (NWDS), the community-based organization that produced Fighting COVID, has put out a second comic called Beating COVID. Beating COVID features the story of new super heroes: the Super Vaccines!
The comic is intended to address the need of having appropriate materials created for children and adults of all ages that can be used by educators, professionals and parents in their practice.
You can get a free comic along with a vaccine at two vaccination events sponsored by NWDS. The events will be held on July 21 and 28 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Multnomah Learning Academy, 22565 NE Halsey St in Fairview.
The events will:
- Be open to everyone 12 and older.
- Not require registration.
- Feature drive up or indoor vaccination.
- Be disability accessible and sensory friendly.
- Provide ASL and Spanish interpretation on site.
- Offer free masks, sanitizer, tamales and a Beating COVID comic.
If you have questions, please contact:
English: Angela Frome at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-238-0522
Spanish: Maria Rangel at email@example.com o al 503-262-4029
This article first appeared in the July 20, 2021 issue of Oregon Coronavirus Update.